This slim, elegant summer visitor can be seen late March to September time in central and eastern England, eastern Wales, & south ern Scotland. A good place to look for them is lowland grasslands where cattle are being grazed.
- Yellow underparts & face, greeny -yellow back and a black - yellow bobbing long tail with white edges.
- Paler in colour than the adult, with half collar maring from the base of the neck.
- 16 - 17 cms
- Brown, short & thin
- Black, medium in length
- Inland fresh water, marshes, fields especially where cattle graze.
- Walks, perches openly, takes off and lands on the ground.
- 1 - 15
- Loud see - ip and disjointed warble
Breeding & Feeding
- On the ground
- 5 - 6, greyish speckled brown
- Incubation Period
- 12 - 14 days
- 1 - 2; May - June
- Seeds & insects
- UK Breeding Pairs