Ground Feeding Sanctuary
The Ground feeding Sanctuary protects a ground area of about 2.5 sq ft and can also hold several tube feeders hanging from its 50cm (19¾”) height. Base dimensions 48cm x 48cm.
Protects birds while feeding from the ground or from a ground feeder
Can use feeders up to 50cm long Mesh gaps easily changeable from 28mm to 58mm.
- Ample height
- Simple assembly without tools
- Can be secured into the ground by 4 removable stakes
- Easy to move location without dismantling
The approximate mesh widths which different species can pass through are as follows:-
- 25mm Blue Tit, Coal Tit, Marsh Tit,
- 28mm Wren, Great Tit, Pied Flycatcher, Goldfinch, Dunnock, Siskin
- 30mm upwards Young Squirrels (April-Sept)
- 32mm Robin, House Sparrow, Tree Sparrow, Nuthatch, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Bullfinch
- 36mm upwards Adult Squirrels
- 40mm Redstart, Blackbird
- 45mm Starling
- 50mm Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Pied Wagtail
- Over 60mm Magpie, Pigeon, Seagull, Jackdaw.
Please note the mesh sizes for the different birds can only be an approximate guide. Bird sizes within species can vary between male & female bird, along with juvenile and adult.
The ground feeder tray and feeder shown inside the sanctuary is not included but is for illustration purposes only. We do sell ground feeder trays and feeders follow this link